Make the rehabilitation at home scenario possible and achievable, by using a cheap system, easy to use and install at home without invasive intervention on the existing environment.
Keep and maximize at all times patients’ motivation and involvement guiding the rehabilitation exercises through an adequate set of mini-games in which patient’s activity is registered through consumer cameras like Kinect (hands free paradigm).
Educate and support patients by creating a social community allowing exchange of experiences and information among them as well as decreasing patients isolation. The goal is to generate useful new knowledge, predictive models of rehabilitation progression and collective evaluation of rehabilitation therapies.
Offer to health providers useful knowledge related to the analysis on a large scale of patients evolution, which might help to anticipate trends and guide in global resources allocation.
Barcelona Digital's activity
Leading WP7 – Hospital Station:
- Design novel IT tools and services to implement efficient and effective closed loop clinical workflows, to analyze the data related to the rehabilitation sessions provided by the patient’s station, and send information at the Regional Level.
- Create a centralized content repository and social interaction point, to allow the education and motivation of users (both clinicians and patients).
- Design a communication infrastructure that allows the implementation of multiplayer games for use in rehabilitation.
- Develop the IT system that will implement all these features and the communications that will glue together all the pieces of the REWIRE platform.
- Develop and implement multi-parametric data analysis methods, suitable for use in the analysis of data about the rehabilitation sessions provided by the patient’s station.
Participating in User requirements definition (WP2):
- Identification of REWIRE hospital station functions.
- Identification of REWIRE networking station functions.
Participating in Implementation requirements definition (WP3):
- Identification of the technical functions of the virtual reality engine.
- Identification of the Hospital and networking Stations technical specifications.
- Definition of the technical specifications for the support of community of patients for both the server in the Hospital Station and the client in the Patient Station.
- Design of system testing.
Universita Degli Studi di Milano; Barcelona Digital; École Polytechnique Federake de Lausane; The Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of The University of Oxford; Universita Degli Studi di Padova; Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich; AB. Acus SRL; IAVANTE; Fundación Publica para el Avance Tecnológico y el Entrenamiento Profesional; TechnoGym SPA; Universitaet Zuerich; Institut Jozef Stefan; Servicio Andaluz de Salud.
Barcelona Digital participation mode
REWIRE project is funded by the European Commission Seventh Framework Programme under grant agreement number 287713. The content of this web page reflects only the authors’ views. The European Commission is not liable for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.